- The Great Debate: On February 5, from 6:30-8:30pm, the 4th/5th grade CREW will be conducting a public debate on the following question: “Should minors be allowed to buy violent video games?” Please come watch this live debate in action! (See attached flyer)
- The 6th CREW will be presenting their final product at the Friends of the Clearwater benefit concert this Saturday, 7:00pm, at the 1912 Center. Their expedition connected economics, forest science, and forestry management in multiple use forests. The presentation is in response to the Nez Perce-Clearwater National Forest Revision Plan and Environmental Impact Statement. Specifically, the 6th CREW is arguing for clear language and management direction for old growth forests in the new revision plan. The means by which we want to affect change is by inspiring the public to write letters encouraging the forest manager to include specific protection for old growth forests in the NPCNF. Please visit our Facebook page to see the video our middle school students created that will be part of the presentation. Please come support the hard work of our middle school students and join us this Saturday!
- Silverwood Reading Ticket program form will be coming home with students. This is a great opportunity for students to continue their nightly reading and receive a free Silverwood ticket. We participated in this program last year and 85 students earned a free ticket to Silverwood by reading at least 10 hours during February/March. Students will need to track their reading using a tally sheet to record their reading. Students are to return the reading form on (or before) Monday, March 23. This is noted on the form.
- Please check your students’ backpacks for the Intent to Return form, it is on gold paper. As a charter school, Palouse Prairie has capped total enrollment and capped each individual grade. If you are wishing your student to return to Palouse Prairie School, please declare their intent on the form and return it by February 17th to secure their position. If you have more than one student, you need only fill out one form with all the students names on it. This information is used to determine how many seats to the 2015-2016 Enrollment Lottery will have. The Lottery will take place on March 27th at 9:30 am. If you have additional comments or concerns, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tomorrow is Polar Walk, sponsored by Safe Routes to School!
Hot chocolate will be provided by Safe Routes to School for all parents and students who participate. For Polar Walk this year, join one of the three Walking School Bus headed to PPSEL and look for stuffed polar bears around the school. New this year - for each student who participates, SR2S will donate $0.50/student to Polar Bears International. All money raised will go towards adopting a polar bear in the Arctic for our school! Students are welcome to bring their own .50 cents to add to the money raised. See https://www.polarbearsinternational.org/adopt for more details about the 6 levels of adoption.
Feel free to join one of the Walking School Buses below or to start another one or walk on your own! (Please email Jeneille at email@example.com if you'd like to add another walking bus to the announcement in next Tuesday's Quail Calls!)
- Judy Sobeloff will lead a walking bus from the southwest corner of 3rd and Polk Streets, leaving at 7:50 a.m.
- Julene Ewert will lead a walking bus from the Co-op, leaving at 8 a.m.
- Marisa Gibler will lead a walking bus from Veatch Street (specific location TBA), leaving at 8 a.m.