Art Workshops for Students K-6 during the Non-Session School Day from 8:10-3:00 on October 31st. The session is $30, which includes an art fee. Sibling discount is available. Please RSVP by Thursday, October 30th: email@example.com
Bookfair this week!
- Wednesday, October 29 from 3-5pm
- Thursday, October 30th from 7:30-9:00am, 11-1pm (Grand Lunch: Invite a family member or family friend to have lunch and shop), 3-5pm
- Friday, October 31st 8-4pm
Adventure has been quite an adventure this year with scheduling. Please see the attached and final updated calendar below for adventure. We deeply apologize for any confusion and appreciate your patience and understanding.
Before School Care: PPSEL will be offering before school care from 7:30-8:10 every morning for a small fee (between $40-$50). If you are interested in care before school, please pick up a form from the office.
Bikes! We have a handful of bikes in the warehouse, please come pick them up by Friday.
- People have had so much fun doing walking school buses that we've decided to continue with Walking Wednesdays on the first Wednesday of the month. Up next: November 5th and December 3rd.
- Everyone is welcome to join one of the walking school buses below, or to add an additional location for a "walking bus stop." Feel free to wear a fun hat and/or to bring musical instruments and noisemakers.
- Judy Sobeloff will lead a walking bus from the southwest corner of 3rd and Polk Streets, leaving at 7:50 a.m.
- Julene Ewert will lead a walking bus from the Co-op, leaving at 8 a.m.
- Colette DePhelps will lead a walking bus from the southeast corner of Mabelle and Lynn Streets, leaving at 8 a.m.
Coffee with the Directors: If you are interested in having conversation about our school, please join the directors at One World the first Monday of every month from 9-10am. If you have a topic that you would like to be discussed during the meetings, please email Jeneille Branen (firstname.lastname@example.org) with ideas or interest. First one is November 3rd.
Important information from the office: Please make sure that your child is up to date on their immunizations and make sure that PPSEL has the most recent copy of your child's records. If you have any doubt, please ask your doctor's office to fax your child's immunization records to PPSEL at 208-882-3689.
If you filled out an immunization exemption this year or in any prior year, you will need to fill out the state of Idaho's updated immunization exemption form. The link is below. Please be sure to fill out the form completely and return it to our office as soon as possible. http://healthandwelfare.idaho.gov/Portals/0/Health/Immunizations/IIP/School_Exemption_Form_English.pdf
Please review the PPSEL early dismissal policy on p. 14 of the Student/Parent Handbook: Any changes in your child’s dismissal schedule (riding another bus, going home with another student, picked up by a grandparent, etc.) MUST be communicated in writing and sent to the office. Please limit last minute phone calls to alert us of a change in plans only in the case of extreme emergencies. The office will no longer be taking phone calls about dismissal after 11:00 am. Students will not be allowed to call home to clarify changes.
A note helps us to stay on top of changes and ensures your child's safety.
If picking up your child early from school, please sign the child out at the office. Parents will not be allowed to go to the classroom to pick up the child. Unfortunately, this creates a distraction for our students and teachers. Someone from the office will retrieve your child.
Please review the PPSEL policy on tardiness and removing a student early from school on p. 7 of the Student/Parent Handbook: Tardiness or pulling a child out early not only limits the student's ability to learn, it is also very disruptive to the learning of the rest of the CREW. Requests to remove a child early must be made with reasonable advance notice so the teacher can be prepared and dismissal of the child will be made at a point in the day when it is least disruptive to the continuity of instruction. Each five tardies or early pullouts in a marking period will be counted as one unexcused absence