The Palouse Prairie School community is invited to join us for an evening of fun and fellowship. The Winter Party is a Palouse Prairie tradition that gathers members of the school community to celebrate our accomplishments and deepen our connections to one another. Finger foods, desserts, and a no-host bar are provided. The event is adults only but on site babysitting is available for a small fee. Contact Amy Ball (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information or to reserve childcare.
- Calling all 3rd grade families and former Moscow Marathon Volunteers!
Last year, we identified each class to be in charge of specific needs in the school such as fundraising, volunteering and teacher appreciations. Third grade families were assigned the Moscow Marathon fundraiser. We will be having a meeting on Tuesday, January 13th from 4-5 pm to reflect on what went well last year and next steps in planning the event this year. The meeting will be very structured and we hope to walk away with definable next steps and ways you can be involved varying from small to large tasks. Many hands make light work. If you are highly interested in helping and aren’t a 3rd grade family, please let me know.
Please RSVP to email@example.com if you are able to attend.
- Snowshoes are in! We just received enough snowshoes, through the grant that Jeneille Branen and Jessica Bearman wrote last year, for 2 classes plus volunteers to snowshow!
- Mr. Pierce was able to raise $750 at the Giving Market, which will expand our climbing wall and increase our equipment for rock climbing at our school. “The support and generosity of our community never ceases to amaze me. With this we will be able to significantly improve and expand our climbing facilities, which of course expands the opportunities for our climbers,” said Mr. Pierce.
- Walking Wednesday will be tomorrow Wednesday, January 7th!
Julene Ewert will lead a walking bus leaving the southwest corner of 3rd and Polk Streets at 7:45 a.m., and then leaving from the Co-op at 8 a.m.
Everyone is welcome to join a walking school bus, or to add a new location for a walking bus stop, or to walk on your own!
(We'll be continuing with Walking Wednesdays the first Wednesday of the month--next up, February 4th!)
- We are looking for a creative individual that would enjoy creating our annual school yearbook. If you are interested, please contact Jeneille Branen firstname.lastname@example.org