Get moving, have fun, support our adventure program, and strengthen our community!
Our adventure program not only aligns with EL Core Practices, but promotes physical fitness and instills character traits such as courage, compassion, perseverance, and the spirit of adventure. For the past four years, we have funded the program with “Run the Palouse!”, a logging marathon and 1.2 mile fun run that provides an opportunity for sustained, healthful physical activity. Participants become full marathon finishers by completing 25 miles of running, biking or equivalent exercise (30 min = 1 mile) over the course of the next two months. On June 2nd at 4:00pm, participants will gather at Mountain View Park and run the final 1.2 mile course together. This non-competitive, non-timed event is about having fun and making it to the finish line. Finishers will be rewarded with a t-shirt and a celebratory BBQ and raffle.
A pledge form will come home with your student on Wednesday, along with the mileage tracker form to log their 25 “miles.” Please encourage your student to talk with neighbors, your co-workers, and grandparents about chipping in to support their ambitious goal of completing a marathon. This is a great opportunity to comfortably reach the family and friends outside of the school with a clear purpose of supporting a PPCS student (and our awesome adventure program!). Return the pledge form by April 24th in order to officially register and receive a t-shirt. (Note that the mileage logs will not be collected and are only for your student to track their progress.)
To embed some competition and collaboration (we work together to push ourselves), the class that raises the largest amount will earn an extra adventure during the last week of school! If 75% of our students raise $100, we’d have over $13,000 to put in our adventure program fund! Imagine the equipment we could buy and the destinations we could visit with that! Help support all the hard work that has already gone into this fundraiser and do your part to support PPCS After all, We are CREW, not Passengers!
Palouse Prairie Community Movie Night at the Kenworthy!
- What? Moana! "In Ancient Polynesia, when a terrible curse incurred by the Demigod Maui reaches an impetuous Chieftain's daughter's island, she answers the Ocean's call to seek out the Demigod to set things right." Rated PG
- When? Monday, April 17th - doors open at 5:30 and movie begins at 6:00 pm.
- Who? All Palouse Prairie students, siblings, parents, guardians, and friends. Come one, come all! Admission is by donation (recommended $3/person).
- Why? Palouse Prairie benefits from our engaged community and we want to create more opportunities to have fun together. Help spread the word (and invite friends) by RSVPing on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/995267363908269/
- Any questions? Contact Sarah and Jessica, co-chairs of the Parent Crew at email@example.com
Join us for Kids Knitting Hour!
Who: Kids 10+ are welcome to come by themselves. Knitters ages 9 years and younger must be accompanied by an adult the entire time. Please, no age exceptions. Open to all area children.
What: Come knit with friends, meet others with similar interests, and hang out while surrounded by inspiration and color! No teaching staff or curriculum, but a little help is available if needed.
When: Wednesdays 3:30- 4:30pm
Where: The Yarn Underground, 409 S. Washington St, Moscow
Rules: Proper behavior required (i.e., inside voices, clean fingers for touching yarn, no running). Small snacks are ok, but let's keep things clean, please. Knitting, crochet, and other fiber arts allowed and encouraged!
A special thanks to all those that attended the EL Workshop on March 21st! Parents had an opportunity to dig deeper into understanding our model and approach by examining the three dimensions of student achievement. If you were not able to join us, consider exploring the content on your own:
Classroom Group Picture Day is coming soon!
Classroom Group Picture Day: Tuesday, Apr 4
Picture Day ID: BV416020G0
To order your Classroom Group Picture, complete your order form and return it on Picture Day.
Pay for your Class Picture online!
1. Go to mylifetouch.com
2. After paying online, enter your payment confirmation code on your form and return it on Picture Day.