Employment at Palouse Prairie School
POSITION TITLE: Classroom Teacher
Teachers work with colleagues and other staff to design, implement, and support the educational program of Palouse Prairie School in a manner that is true to the principles of EL Education the mission and vision of the school.
If interested, please send resume and cover letter to Jeneille Branen:
Teaching Assistant - AmeriCorps Position
Palouse Prairie Charter School -- Moscow, ID
Palouse Prairie Charter School is seeking passionate and dedicated individuals to serve as full-time Teaching Assistant for the 2016-17 school year. The Teaching Assistant will provide literacy/math interventions to students in grades K-5 classrooms.
We are looking for individuals with positive attitudes who have a desire to serve their community through education and are willing and enthusiastic to commit to 11 months of service. Members will serve full-time beginning August 2016 and concluding June 2017.
As part of the AmeriCorps program, members are part of a national network of service-minded individuals who dedicate a year of their professional lives to responding to community needs, like early childhood education and literacy.
• Strong interest in education, specifically helping young children practice reading/math skills
• Experience working with children
• Dedication to community service
• Computer skills, including the ability to navigate and use online database systems
• Responsible, organized, flexible, motivated, professional
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to make a commitment to complete 11 months of service (August 2016-- June 2017)
• High school diploma or GED and must be at least 18-years-old
• U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident alien
• Preferred: College coursework, college degree, or equivalent work experience
• Attend all required training
• Submit an online timesheet to report service hours each week
• Report student data in online databases each week
• Complete 1700 hours
· $12,800 living stipend
· Health Coverage
· $5800 educational award after service is complete to pay for student loans (members 55+ can pass along the educational award to their child, grandchild or foster child)
To apply, please submit application through:
In addition, please email Jeneille Branen (email@example.com) if interested.
Substitute Application for Certified and Non-Certified Positions
For more information please contact the office through email or by calling (208) 882-3684.